Follow the 13 step guide on how to apply for PhD in USA.
- Give GRE and TOEFL exam. (side by side prepare LORs and SOP).
- Contact to the professor tell them “You are interested in their work and tell about your GRE and TOEFL score, write some line about the work which make you interested about his/her work.”
- Apply online/ fill the online application of Universities.
- Check the requirements of Universities.
- IF you have any kind of doubt contact to the graduate office.
- University you choose one should be your dream University (I mean high level according to your score, where chances are very less) two University according to your score.
- And for the safer side apply to one University which accepts score below of your GRE and TOEFL score.
- When you completed your application , tell the prof. about your application he/she will keep the track of your application.
- Now check the status of your application.
- When they confirm your admission for PhD before that they can take your interview on skype.
- Sometimes it just a talk between you and director of your department.
- And sometimes core interview, prepare according to that.
- Now if they accept you they will intimate you abut your admission.
- Sometimes will send offer letter to you. You need to sign it and sent it back to UNIV via mail/email.
Now you have received the admission for PhD. Typical timeline to complete 11 steps in how to apply for doctorate degree in USA is about 1 to 2 years.
F1 Visa Preparation for PhD
- Now they will issue you I20 [Sample I-20 Form]. For that they will provide you tracking no.
- When they proceed your I20 or want to send it you tell them to send a scanned copy of I20 also. so that you can start your processing for Visa interview.
- Fill the DS 160 form with utmost patience.
- Pay SEVIS fee, need to pay only 200$, you can use print out for your visa interview.
- Pay HDFC fee for visa interview. It will be activated in 2 business days.
- After 2 days book visa interview date according toy our convenience. when your documents can be completed book according to that.
- Side by side read the posts of F1 visa interview experiences given at HSB it will help you to frame your answer.
- Prepare your answer and practice them in front of mirror.
Now Documents for VISA interview
- CA statement (bank statement of your sponsors, PPF, GPF and show all types of fund, movable and immovable (land/property/house))
- Affidavit by parents
- If taking loan show it in CA statement.
F1 VISA interview
- Maintain eye contact with the VO and smile.
- Give your answer with confidence.
- F1 Visa Tips (not Tricks)